Monday, December 12, 2011

Burdens

I don't know why I do this, well I don't know why I do a lot of things but that's not the point. I don't know why I look at this as something I'll "get over" or something that will go away eventually like a cold or the flu. I find myself wondering when I can go on with life, not have to deal with ____ or think about ____ or experience this or that. I'm waiting for some magical day when I wake up and it's all over, it's all gone and is only a piece of my history. How silly of me to hope and dream that I can live a normal life free of worries, haunting dreams, shaking, and doubts. How foolish of me to forget that this doesn't go away. I have to live with this forever.
"The familiar sting wells in my eyes and my heart sinks deep in my chest. Darkness takes over and I imagine my good-byes. Nothing can stop it; tonight there will be no rest. Images flash, too gruesome to share...such a heavy burden to bear." -Me

2 comments:

  1. Once experienced, a trauma will never leave us. It becomes an extricable element in the landscapes of our lives, but once we've accepted that, we can change its color and recreate its shape within the kaleidoscope of our thoughts and feelings.This is what we are striving to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that a lot. Thank you for your words.

    ReplyDelete